This morning, went over for an interview in one of the international registered company here in KK. An insurant company interviewing for the cashier post. At first everything was alright. I did fill up the form like usual, did some simply test that they required. Everything was going on smoothly until I get to see the brunch manager for an official interview. He did read on my resume and the bio data form and suddenly he asked me, “Do you have a WORKING PASS? Did your previous employer require you to have a working pass when you first work there? Because I see that you’re born in Peninsular Msia”
I was like… huh??? Why?? Do I need a working pass to work here? My previous employer did not request or even mentioned about this to me. I said to him that I though only those who wanted to work in Sarawak need to have a work pass there in order for them to work. And those who are not born in Malaysia.
He replied me saying that I do like to hire you but seems you’re not local and yet do not have a work pass, I feel so sorry to you. Because when we apply a work pass for you, it may be takes up to a month or even a year. The officer there will also ask us if there is really no local to apply for the job.
In my heart was thinking… haiz… what a waste… thought I could have this job.
I didn’t realise that the local government here required those who are not born in Sabah, must have a working pass in order to work in those big company and also a permanent resident ship in order to stay here longer(to stay more than 3 months. So, those who wish to come over for visit, do remember to keep your immigration pass when you’ve depart from the airport, as there will have an immigration department to check you in. XD )
Why must they have this kinda law? I’m not trying to say anything sensitive or bad about the local government, just that I’m not understand. Everyone here also Malaysian wad.
No comments:
Post a Comment