nuffnangX

Tuesday, 17 June 2014

My Eating Day Trip in IPOH

Hello everyone.. Is been awhile. Went back to hometown in Ipoh with Mom couple weeks back. Always feels so excited whenever travel back because of all the good foods and not to forget people there back in Ipoh too!

Whenever I'm back I always love visiting this shop because of all the yong tau fu and Laksa. I love it here. 


Here it is! The ONE AND ONLY shop in Ipoh. No other branches.

Different type of fried stuffs for you to choose

This is one of my favourite - 'Sa Kot'

Something that I never thought of - Hard Boiled egg with meat paste, Egg meatball

Typical Yong Tau Fu 

This is the fried egg meatballs

The Famous Ice Kacang and Dragon Fruit smoothies. 



After our branch, My cousins and I decided to go for Tau Fu Fah! This is the famous one in Ipoh town. 

They only sell Tau Fu Fah, Soya bean and Cincau drink there! You can either take away or have it there.

Tau Fu Fah taste very smooth but the portion is small. 



After that down the street, there is this home-made kaya puff shop. I like their puffs because they kaya taste good. Not too sweet and also full of Kaya with pandan smell.

The shop is always full of people, when we're there, the Q is already until the entrance.

Fresh Kaya Puffs just out from Oven!


After buying our puffs, I told my cousin about this famous Ipoh Chicken Rice, so she brought me there to try. As I have always been wanted to because of all the good comments from people. And Finally, I'm there. Probably because is during weekends, is full of people. Waited a while for table and ordered our food. You can only opt for either half chicken or 1 whole chicken. They don't serve individual portion.

Lou Wong Ipoh Chicken Rice

This Tau Geh to serve the 3 of us. Is actually quite a lot thou.

And here comes the chicken! Taste OK LAH... CAN EAT LOR. Nothing so great about it and it is also VERY VERY OILY! 

Here comes the rice! Is what they called 'Yau Fan'(oily rice) 
Traditionally is cooked with chicken fats, chicken broth and some spices like garlic, onion and ginger. 

Among all the food that I had I don't quite like the chicken rice as it is just too oily, chicken, taugeh and rice, all are filled with oil. I just didn't work well with oil. LOL





Big Tree Stall
(忠记大树头炸料粉)
652, Jalan King, 
Pasir Pinji; 31650 Ipoh, Perak
Tel : +60 12-518 4949





Funny Mountain Soya Bean
49, Jalan Theatre  
30300, Ipoh, Perak
Tel : +60 12-516 1607

Sin Eng Heong 
64 Jalan Mustapha Al-bakri, 
Taman Jubilee, 30300 Ipoh, Perak,
Tel : +605-243 9659

Restaurant Lou Wong Tauge Ayam Kuetiau

49 Jalan Yau Tet Shin, Ipoh
30300 Ipoh, Perak
Tel : +60 5-254 4199




No comments: